Becoming the best version of yourself sometimes calls for change. Besides your mindset and behavior, you may also need to undergo specific medical procedures to improve your physical appearance.
When doing so, you’ll face a lot of difficult choices. One of them is deciding between two of the best facial rejuvenation treatments available: a dermal filler or thread lift in Dubai.
To help you make an informed choice, here are four tips you can try:
1. Know your goal for the treatment.
You won’t be consulting a doctor without a concern in mind. The same goes for cosmetic procedures.
Before scheduling a face lift or filler, make sure you have a goal in mind. Knowing what you want to achieve from the treatment can help guide your decision.
For example, dermal fillers are injected to get the following results:
- Smoothen out smile lines, marionette lines, and parentheses (and other fine lines around mouth and nose).
- Improve and restore volume into sunken temples or cheeks.
- Reduce vertical lip lines.
- Plump up thin lips.
- Smoothen out any crease on the chin.
- Enhance facial feature symmetry.
On the other hand, thread lifts can help deal with:
- Sagging eyebrows
- Premature loosening of some facial structures
- Loosening of the skin in the neck
As you may notice, fillers and lifts tend to have overlapping results. Continue reading for more tips that can help you pinpoint the best treatment for you.
2. Pinpoint the target areas.
Besides an overall goal, you must also know what parts of your body you wish to improve. This is because some methods are better for specific target areas than others.
For example, non-surgical face lifts can help you achieve better facial contours, particularly in the neck and some parts of the face. This treatment is arguably better to achieve a more holistic facial rejuvenation.
On the other hand, fillers can reshape the lips and make subtle changes in some parts of the face. It is much more practical if you only have a few areas of concern.
3. Learn how the treatment process works.
How the treatment is done may also affect your decision. You see, dermal fillers and thread lifts don’t have the same level of invasiveness. The speed and longevity of results, as well as pain level, also varies.
Face filler injections are considered a quick solution to your face aging woes. The treatment can also be done in as fast as 15 minutes since your clinician or dermatologist only needs to inject the filler, and you’re good to go.
Thread lifts, on the other hand, take more time – both in the process and recovery period. On average, a thread lifting treatment lasts about one hour or so.
There’s also the matter of discomfort during the procedure. In terms of pain, patients also reported that thread lifting is 70 percent more painful than dermal fillers.
Below is a quick rundown of how dermal fillers and thread lifts are performed:
Dermal fillers are injected into each target site. The length of the process can range between 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the number of areas to be filled.
What the injections contain may also be different. Depending on the brand, your fillers may contain one or more of the following:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA)
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)
- Poly-L-lactic Acid
- Autologous fat injections
Although still minimally invasive, this procedure involves more “body invasion” than fillers. This is because thread lifts stimulate collagen production and “pull” the skin taut by inserting sutures into the skin.
The good news is that thread lifting results last relatively longer than fillers.
The procedure also comes with variations. If fillers differ in substance injected, lifts have different threads, such as:
- Mono threads: These smooth threads (no barbs) help trigger the skin’s healing process and collagen production. They are best used for treating sagging skin in the neck, as well as lines on the forehead and under the eyes.
- Screw threads: These are intertwined threads that offer a volumizing effect on the target area, perfect for general face lifting.
- Cog threads: These are basically barbed mono threads that support and lift the structure of sagging skin. They are most effective when used on slimming treatments and jawline lifting.
4. Determine the downtime.
Last but certainly not least of your concerns is the downtime. Every procedure has one, including thread lift and dermal fillers.
Downtime determines what you can and cannot do after treatment, so it can help you choose an ideal treatment according to your schedule and lifestyle.
After a thread lift, you can expect:
- Swelling for about one to two weeks.
- Pain when eating, chewing, speaking, or laughing.
So, if you’re attending an event or doing something that requires your complete focus (not to mention makeup), it would be best to schedule your thread lift six weeks earlier.
If you choose to get a dermal filler in Dubai, you can expect not only instant face rejuvenation but also relatively shorter downtime. Many patients were able to return to their usual activities right away, though some still experience the following side effects:
- Lumps and bumps.
- Overly filled up appearance in the treated areas.
- Mild to severe swelling or bruising.
- Temporary redness or swelling.
Make the Right Choice for You
When choosing between thread lifts and dermal fillers, you need to consider several factors to discern which is the right choice for you. Besides reading this article, you can also consult a dermatologist or aesthetic clinician for expert advice to know which one is the right choice for you.
Browse our website for the best anti-aging thread lifts and face and lip injections. We offer FDA-approved products that meet the customers’ needs.